Transfer Admission Applicants

Students who have previously enrolled in a graduate program may apply for admission to a graduate program at Centenary University and request transfer of credits.

Transfer credits

Students may request transfer of credits from previous graduate work. All credits eligible for transfer must come from a regionally accredited graduate program or approved school leadership program, have posted grades of “B-” or better, and have been earned within 10 years of the date of credit transfer approval. All credits in transfer must be approved by the Program Director of the graduate program in which the student is enrolling and must be determined at the time of the student’s initial enrollment. Courses accepted in transfer must be similar to required or elective courses offered by Centenary University and are accepted at the discretion of the Program Director.

A maximum of six credits may be transferred for the MA in Education: Educational Leadership, MA in Education: Instructional Leadership, MA in Special Education, M.Ed. in Literacy Instruction, M.Ed. in Educational Practice, and MA in Leadership and Public Administration. A maximum of six credits may be transferred for the Master of Business Administration.

A maximum of nine credits may be transferred for the Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership.

A maximum of 12 credits may be transferred for the MA in Counseling, MA in Clinical Counseling, and MA in School Counseling.